This article explains how to install and configure ShadowLink 2 on a workstation for patient upload, dictation upload, and transcription export purposes.
1. Open Internet Explorer and go to www.emdat.com/download/shadowlinksetup.exe. You will be given an option to Run or Save the file. Choose Run.
2. Choosing Run will display a Setup Wizard window. Click on Next.
3. Next, left-click the checkbox that reads "I accept the terms in the License Agreement," then click Next.
4. Click Next again.
5. Click Next with "Local System (Recommended)" selected in the Service Credentials window.
6. Click on Install.
After you click Install, you may be prompted with the following window: "Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer?" If you are prompted, click Yes.
7. Check the box that reads "Launch the ShadowLink Management Console" and click on Finish.
8. After you click Finish, you may be prompted with the following window: "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" If you are prompted, click Yes.
You should now see the ShadowLink Management Console window.
1. Click on the green plus sign on the top right side of the management console window.
2. Type in the Login, Password, and the Client information then click Save. This information is provided by your account manager.
After you click Save, you should now see a service in the Management Console window that shows the Status as "Valid."
3. Click on Start in the middle of the window to connect ShadowLink 2 to the Nuance servers.
After you click Start, the Start button should be gray and the Service Status will say "Running." You may close the Management Console window after verifying this.
Please note: ShadowLink 2 requires back-end setup beyond the installation and configuration done on the computer. If you have any trouble with the Login, Password, and Client name authentification, please contact your account manager or Nuance helpdesk. If you have a designated folder on the computer to which you wish to have transcriptions exported, or from which you wish to have patient schedules sent from, this also requires back-end work. Please contact your account manager or Nuance helpdesk if you wish to change the folder location or name for ShadowLink 2 so that it may be updated in the system.