Installed Training Files Don't Appear in InScribe
On some installations of InScribe, after installing the training files they may appear in a different folder on the PC. This article will help troubleshoot this problem.
After completing the install of the training files and you start InScribe in Training Mode you see this:
You installed the training files but they are not showing up. When this happens the training files are usually installed to a different location on your PC.
You can try to locate them by searching for the .trn file extension, using the following steps:
- Log out of InScribe.
- Open up windows explorer, click on the c:\drive and in the search box type “*.trn”. The search will run and may take a bit to find the files. Let the search run to the end.
- When the search completes you should see where the training files are located. In the example below, the training files are in the c:\users\[user name]\AppData\Emdat folder.
- Go to the location on the PC where the “Training” folder is found.
- Right click on the folder and choose “Cut”.
- Go to this location on your PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\InScribe
- Open the InScribe folder, right click, and choose “Paste”. The files will then be moved to this location
- After pasting you should now see the “Training Folder”
- Start InScribe again and you should now see the training files.
If you are unable to find the training files using either of these solutions, try re-installing the files again. If you are still unable to find them, open up a ticket the support team for further assistance.