This article will explain a work-around for an issue where the Nuance Runtime components crash upon installation. This could happen when installing the components for InScribe, InQuiry, or InCommand.
This is due to a Windows Update that was released on July 8th. Here is more information about the update.
To resolve this issue, you need to uninstall the Windows Update that prevents installation. After installation, you can let Windows re-apply this update.
1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel
2. Click on Programs and Features
3. Click on "View Installed Updates" on the left side of the window
4. Find the Windows Update in the "Microsoft Windows" category that has "KB2962872" in the name. The full name of this update is:
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2962872)
6. You will need to let the uninstall and windows update process happen as normally, including a restart of your computer.
7. When your computer restarts completely, you should be able to install the Nuance Components or InScribe software normally.