Here is a list of some things you can try to help resolve the computer not seeing the recorder.
- Make sure you have installed the driver software that came with the recorder, and under InSync's configuration setting the correct recorder model is checked in the recorder section.
- Make sure there is no icon for a program called Device Detector listed to the right of you taskbar near you time clock, if there is right click on it and close/exit it.
- Go to your start button in windows, scroll up to programs, find the section that says startup, and make sure Device Detector is not listed there. If you see a shortcut for Device Detector listed there, right click on it and delete the shortcut.
- When you plug in the recorder windows normally makes an audible alert sound letting you know it detects a USB device connected, and also pops up a little message box or symbol change near your time/taskbar icons letting you know it detects the device. If you are not hearing/seeing any of this try these steps.
- Make sure the recorder is turned on and try a different USB port on the PC.
- If you are using a cradle to dock your recorder in, remove the cable from the cradle and plug it directly into the recorder.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected fully to computer and recorder.
- Some recorders like to use drive letter E, if you currently have a drive mapped or another device using drive letter E: your computer may not see the recorder. Check with your IT staff and see if a change can be made to free up your E: so that the recorder can use it.
- For recorders that use memory cards, make sure the recorder device has its Secure Digital Card (SD Card) properly inserted.