How To Setup A DS-5000 DS-3400 To Record In DSS File Format ' 'The DS-5000 and DS-3400 recorders are configured by default to save as a DS2 formatted file. To change the recorder to save in a DSS format please follow the steps below.
1. Connect your recorder to the PC.
2. Start the Dictation Module program that installed off of the Olympus CD that came with your recorder. You will find this in your program list.
3. Once the Dictation Module program starts, click on "Device" then "Device Settings".
4. You will now see a device settings screen. Click on "Recording" on the left side under Administrative Settings.
5. Under the DSS Format section on the right side you have the option now to change it to DSS classic. Once you make the selection click the Update button at the top and choose "This Page Only" which will update the setting change on the recorder.
Your DS-5000/DS-3400 will now be configured to record in DSS format.