This document will go over the easiest way to set up InSync when more than one Physician will be using the same recorder for Dictations. Common problems associated with not having this set up in InSync are dictations not appearing for physicians or physicians getting another doctor's dictations in InQuiry.
1. With InSync running, open the menu by clicking on the icon in the bottom right area of your screen next to the clock.
2. Click your right mouse button on the InSync icon and you will notice the InSync menu pictured below. Click on "Change Client Connection Information".
3. The window that opens will prompt for your Client Password. If you do not remember your password, then please contact your local account administrator, Transcription Company, or Nuance Helpdesk.
4. On the next window that opens, click on the "Options" tab as pictured below:
5. In the Options tab menu, click on the checkbox next to "Prompt for User on Upload".
6. Make sure to click on the "OK" button to save your changes.
Now, whenever a recorder is plugged into the computer and the InSync application begins the upload, a dialogue box will appear asking for the Dictator. By using this method, the Physician can ensure that his dictations are going into the system under his own name. This will help the system to route the transcription to the proper folders and access rights. Doctors should make sure to upload their dictations under their name before giving the recorder to another physician for dictation.Within the transcription software, medical transcriptionists can also change the dictator if they are made aware of the need to change. For this reason, if the changes cannot be made to the InSync software, then the dictator should explicitly state that the transcriptionist should change the Dictator ID. Because of the increased possibility for error, this solution is not preferred. This method will be necessary if more than one doctor uses a recorder before uploading occurs.