When an MT reports having connection issues in InScribe, they may be experiencing symptoms such as (but not limited to) the following:
1. MT receives a "Trouble connecting to InScribe" error.
2. MT is unable to download or send jobs.
3. MT is unable to load the login window to type in credentials.
In the process of reporting connection or server issues, it is very important and helpful to know which InScribe server an MT is connected to. This allows the helpdesk and operations teams to more quickly determine if there is a server-wide issue that must be repaired.
1. Open a web browser on the MT's computer (any browser will work, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome).
2. In the address bar, type in http://inscribe.emdat.com and press Enter.
3. The browser window will display the InScribe server as "PIC(server number)", as shown below:
Please forward this information from the MT to the helpdesk.