This article explains how print templates can be previewed within InCommand's Client Maintenance tab and within InQuiry.
NOTES - Please Read
- If you do not select the correct user/location customization from the Print Templates Associated With This Document section, you may get the wrong print template. Please pay special attention to the box to select the correct customization.
- Demographics (such as dates and user fields) may cause some pieces of the print template to change appearance, and should be entered as accurately as possible.
- Previewing the print template through InCommand may not always give the most accurate print template. There may be other factors that change print template appearance in the code. The most accurate representations will still come from InQuiry, but this is still a close approximation most of the time if InQuiry access is unavailable.
Previewing in InCommand
- Enter Client Maintenance for the client you wish to preview the print template for.
- Navigate to Document Types -> Select Document Types -> Select the document type that you want to edit -> Click "Edit Print Template for XXX"
Selecting the Print Template Associated With The Document Type
- After selecting "Edit Print Template for XXX", you will find the "Print Templates Associated With This Document" window at the bottom left column.
- Select the appropriate user/location selection for the document type you wish to preview, and click Edit Selected Print Template (or double click on the user/location combo you wish to view).
- If the specific user/location customatization you wish to preview is not present, select the "All Users/All Locations" option. For example, there may be a conflict when you want to adjust the Letter document type for User John Doe on the Test1 Location and the only options available are John Doe/All Locations and All Users/Pediatrics. In this scenario, the user "wins" and you will want to select John Doe/All Locations.
- Also you may not see the customization you wish to preview if the Print Templates team was able to use code inside the print template based on user IDs and/or location IDs. Again, in this scenario, select the "All Users/All Locations" option first.
Previewing the Print Template from Template Options
- After choosing Edit Selected Print Template, click to expand the Template Options category.
- Please verify that the user and location selection at the top is the combination you wish to preview.
- In Template Options, you may click on the Preview button for the cover letter, envelope, or the transcription print template.
- When previewing the Transcription print template, it is recommended that you enter in many relevant demographics as possible, including the appointment and dictation dates, to get the most accurate result.
- After you have entered the demographics fields, click on Preview.
- Below is an example preview of a sample print template. Please note that you can do a print preview or a physical print of the preview as well. This is useful for checking margins or letterheads on the print template.
Previewing in InQuiry
- The best way to preview in InQuiry is through the "Search All" (could also be called "Archive" or other names depending on how the client was set up) tab. Although you certainly can view transcriptions based on the individual workflow folders as well, such as "To be typed", "Staff Review", "Dr's Review", or "Final Print".
- For this example, we are going to go by the route of Search All. So click on the Search All tab. Once in the Seach All tab, we now have to search for a transcription. Depending on the your needs, you can search based on any one field or more of the fields that you see. The common ones are searching by patient name, by a date range, by a document type, by location, or by clinician.
- Once you have entered in the approriate information, click on the search button. It will populate a list on transcriptions that meet that criteria. In the below example, we searched for the "Welcome to Emdat" patient which is our default testing transcription that gets created to test different settings including print templates. Note: You will notice in the below image that I did not type in the whole patient name. This can be a good and bad thing. If the patient name was typed incorrectly, typing just a part of the name will potentially help you find it again so you can fix the mistake. But looking for all the John's in the system might produce more results than expected and slow the system or accidentally choose the wrong transcription. So caution is highly recommended in any search that would require editing a transcription as the end result.
- Now that we have our transcription search results, we can view any one of them. Just click on the paper icon with the letter. The letter on the paper will change depending on what stage of the workflow it is in such as P for Preliminary folder or T for when the transcription has gone to archive. Clicking on the icon will produce a new window with the transcription in preview. Clicking on the paper icon with the three red lines will produce a preview of the cover letter. Clicking on the open envelope icon will produce a preview of the envelope. These will only show up if the proper triggers and settings have been set. For example, if there are no associates listed in the cc section of the transcription, then these icons will not show.
- With the preview open, you can click the edit button to adjust the information. If this is a test transcription, you will want to manipulate the data to make sure everything is functioning the way you expect it to. You can also see the print preview from here which will allow you to see any external headers and footers and to see how the margins will affect the transcriptions.