- Open the Inscribe software. Configure as follows:
- Click on the "Options" menu in Inscribe and check the option labeled "Separate Play/Pause Button". Click on the "Options" menu in InScribe and select "Set Actions". When the window appears, set the "F9" key so that it is equal to "Pause". To do this, drop down the list of available functions and they will be listed in alphabetical order. Select "Pause" for the F9 and press "OK".
- Connect the USB Pedal to your PC
- Problems? Run this www.startstop.com/testusb.exe After installing the test program, launch it from Start...Programs.."HTH Custom Pedal Test ...IN-PI Tester.exe"
This Test Utility will show if the pedal is working. Pressing the Middle Pedal will cause the test program's Middle pedal graphic ("F2") to light up. Pressing the Left Pedal will cause the test program's RIGHT ("F4") pedal to light up. Pressing the Right Pedal will cause the test programs LEFT ("F3") pedal to light up. (Note that left are right pedals on the test program are opposite of the physical pedal's layout)
If you don't see the pedals lighting up on the test program, then re-check to be sure that all connections are tight between the Pedal, the Keyboard and the PC.
- Install Start Stop Universal Transcription System according to the instruction manual provided with your unit.
- When you first launch the Nuance Inscribe application, click on the OPTIONS button, you will see PLAYER and its associated application (the Windows Media Player).
- Click the "three-dotted" button, and browse your computer. Navigate to your C:\ Local Disk, then to "C:\Program Files\HTH Engineering, Inc\Start Stop Universal Transcription System" You will need to double-click on each folder (or expand) to drill your way down to that folder.
- Now...look for "StartStopV9" file, highlight it, and click the Save or Open button. The Player's path will now be changed to "C:\Program Files\HTH Engineering, Inc\Start Stop Universal Transcription System\"StartStopV9.exe"
That's it! Go ahead and log into your Nuance Inscribe Account. When you load a job, the Start Stop Universal Transcription System will be the new default player.
Any problems? Call our tech support group toll-free at 866 254-0714 (press "2") and we will be most happy to help you!
Do you already own an Infinity USB Foot Pedal (industry standard, IN-USB)?
You may want to purchase the Start Stop Universal Transcription System software only, Model #30350 as shown at www.startstop.com/sst2.asp The User Manual can be viewed at http://www.startstop.com/emdat/transcription.php
Once purchased and installed, your PC can then work with Nuance Inscribe to allow quality full-featured transcription using your existing foot pedal.
Follow steps shown above for installation.