What is ShadowScribe II?
ShadowScribe II is our automated speech recognition (ASR) platform that uses Nuance ASR services. Other common names for ShadowScribe II are SSII, ASR, VR and Nuance.
Compatible with IE9 and up (including IE11)
What is the CKEditor?
- The CKEditor is a transcription text editor that has been incorporated with InCommand, InQuiry and InScribe. There were several factors that drove the decision to switch to a new editing control. The old editing control was based on ActiveX technology which is only supported in Microsoft’s Internet explorer. The old control was also depending on several windows components that have long been deprecated and have started to be removed from the operating system as of Windows 8.1.
- The CKEditor allows editing in two modes. Traditional editing mode for HTML documents and the structured mode for editing XML documents.
CKEditor Requirements and Activation
- CKEditor is a feature flag that must be turned on at the MTSO or MT level (for InScribe and InCommand; these are separate flags and are not dependent on each other) or User level (for InQuiry and Maintenance). Please submit requests to help desk to turn this feature on.
- CKEditor is not required in the beta versions of InScribe (anything higher than 4.161) unless the MT has IE11 or is using structured format
- MTS will receive editor initialization errors if they are on IE11 and CKEditor is not enabled
- MTs will not be able to download structured jobs or see them in their pool list in InScribe if CKEditor is not enabled
Identifying ShadowScribe II Jobs
To determine if a job has been transcribed by ASR check the activity log. An action of “ASR Transcribed” indicates it has gone through ShadowScribe II
Identifying Structured vs Unstructured Formats
Transcription formats available are structured and unstructured. Both are available for ShadowScribe II and non-VR transcription.
- Structured format offers Section and Subsection layouts and use the ShadowScribe Rules and ShadowScribe dictation templates
- Structured jobs require the use of CKEditor in InScribe
- Unstructured jobs have a flat layout and uses non-VR document and dictation templates
- Structured jobs are visually identified in InScribe by the boxes around each section
- The sections with the black dashed border are sections in the document template (ShadowScribe Rules)
- The sections with a red border are not in the document template and were added by the VR engine or MT
The editor toolbar changes based on the document format loaded, adding or removing features specific to that format