The best of both worlds — the Meaningful Use compliance of an EHR combined with maximum clinician productivity
Emdat's hybrid approach to documenting patient encounters combines efficiency, thoroughness and compliance for a high-value price.
The hybrid approach enables medical facilities to implement a complimentary method to documentation that supports Electronic Health Record (EHR) adoption while protecting provider productivity and patient satisfaction.
Many medical facilities are adopting EHR systems in an effort to comply with the HITECH Act and Meaningful Use guidelines. These systems claim to eliminate the cost of patient documentation by requiring healthcare providers to abandon dictation and use templates to record patient encounters but this is merely reallocating the cost to the physician.
Emdat saves time and money
- Heighten provider productivity. Dictation is the most efficient means of documenting patient encounters. Studies show that entering data into an EHR takes 9 times longer than dictation. Beyond that, Emdat's document and dictation templates significantly reduce dictation time.
- Improve healthcare provider satisfaction. No change in workflow, no drop in revenue, no increase in the length of the workday. Work focuses on patients, not computer documentation.
- Improve documentation accuracy. Trained medical professionals review and complete transcription documents. This second set of eyes decreases the likelihood of errors.
- Streamline workflow. Documents are automatically routed to referring professionals within the Emdat system or by fax. Alternatively, reports, cover letters, and envelopes can be printed automatically at a designated printer at a designated time.
- Bridge the gap between healthcare providers and their EHR. Professionals work more efficiently: maintaining their earning power as they deliver comprehensive patient documentation.
- Record encounters as both structured and narrative documents. Marked-up documents integrate seamlessly into the EHR while healthcare professionals find narrative reports easier to review.
- Increase EHR adoption. By minimizing changes in workflow, healthcare providers will be more inclined to work with EHR systems and support Meaningful Use requirements.
- Support physician workflow. By providing flexible dictation methods, including back end speech recognition with Natural Language Processing (NLP), and mobile apps to keep up in your the fast paced environment.
- Decrease documentation costs. Whether you employ a transcription team or choose to outsource to our transcription partners, our Templates and Qualified Text lines reduce fees by reducing the amount of typing required.
- Achieve success in shortened time frames. By minimizing changes in workflow, healthcare providers will be more inclined to work with EHR systems and support Meaningful Use requirements.
- Gain hard-dollar savings. No need to invest in software, upgrades, maintenance, support or interfaces. No hidden fees.
Robust web-based functionality that is rapidly deployed, with no cost for interfacing, implementation and support, make Emdat the best solution for patient encounter documentation. Contact Emdat today to learn more about how medical facilities can reduce documentation costs and increase clinician productivity, all while maintaining meaningful use.